All I can say is that God has totally been in this from the start. I know it has been months since I have written in this, and that is because I kinda just lost the time or even the motivation to sit and do so. But through this time so much has happened. My girls have grown so much. They are best friends right now, constantly entertaining each other, with the occasional fight...or I should say, at least once or twice a day. But even in all that they are very forgiving to each other ;)
I found out in late September that we were pregnant with our third. While I was very excited, I was also a little freaked out because I wasn't thinking it would happen this soon, we had planned maybe in the winter months. But of course we were filled with joy. In early October we rushed to the ER because I was having some signs of a miscarriage happening. At that point I was about 6 weeks and was almost sure that we were losing this baby. Now, having two healthy pregnancies, this had been a very scary experience. It also doesn't matter when they tell you "well, at least you're really early." In the midst of this sort of experience. As someone to go through this, it was still very traumatic and scary. Anyone who has ever lost a pregnancy or child can probably relate to this very well. I was an emotional mess. Thankfully the girls were staying at their Auntie's house that evening.
At the ER they checked my cervix. Still closed. They checked my hcg levels(pregnancy hormones). Still pregnant. I got an ultra sound. There was still a sac attached. Yet too small to see the actual fetus inside. All this was so confusing since I had bled for the last few hours. They sent us home and diagnosed me with a "Threatened Miscarriage". This meant because of the bleeding this could be a possibility. We were not a fan of the ER at all. We spent from 6pm-after midnight there. It was miserable, and this is what the sent us home with. We were still in Limbo.
I had a follow up appt to check my hcg levels. I got a call the next day and they informed me that my hormones were rising not falling. That was one sigh of relief! But we were still told that anything could happen so we had to wait another week for another ultrasound to see if the baby was growing. I went to that ultrasound. And we saw a tiny baby with a heartbeat! To top this off I was so so sick through the whole beginning. I had pregnancy symptoms up the wazoo! I could barely get off the couch most days. Has not been easy with two VERY active little ones. So the Doctors took this as another good sign, that I was "feeling" pregnant. They also gave me the results to the ultrasound. I have something called a "Subchorionic Hemmorhage". This is basically like a blood clot that forms between the outer fetal membrane and the placenta. Its kind of hard to describe unless you are in the obg medical field. Apparently this does not typically affect the baby, yet if it doesn't go away or gets bigger, there may be some issues. That is what the bleeding was from. Eventually it dissolves and goes away, typically if you have it in the first trimester it will be gone sooner. The one I have was about 4cm, which is considered pretty large.
For a few weeks the bleeding had stopped and then came back. At this point my heart was racing with fear again. I went to a 9 week appt. and my wonderful Doctor sat there and talked to me about my concerns. She even took out a Doppler to see if we could hear the heart beat. While it took a couple of minutes, there it was! A beautiful tiny heartbeat, going good and strong. I was relieved once again, but was told because of the bleed I need to take it easy. No more lifting and doing too much. Trying as hard as I could to just rest.
Two weeks later there was some more bleeding. I got scared and called the Dr. again. She brought me in. We talked and she told me that it is probably because the bleed might be getting smaller. This on and off spotting is an okay thing unless it is with clots and serious cramps. She ordered me an ultrasound the same day, even after we heard the heartbeat for reassurance once again. I went to the ultrasound, and the technician was amazing. She actually talked to me through the whole thing instead of just sitting there. She informed me that the clot was looking a lot smaller. The little peanut was moving around so much and it's heart rate was about 166 bpm. It was so encouraging to see this and hear that things were looking up.
At this point we are still praying for this little one to grow healthy and that this will be put behind us. I am still on a strict activity level and hope each time I see the Dr. that the reassurance will be there.
God has shown me how much He really works miracles through this whole experience. We often times forget how real it is, and that prayer does change things. I am thankful for being able to be a mommy to another little life. Children are really a blessing from God.

No comments:
Post a Comment