Born May 23, 2013
5:30pm 7lbs 12oz 20in
My emotions have gone crazy in the last day and a half, which I don't doubt with being in the Postpartum phase. But all I can say is with all that, THANK YOU LORD! This little miracle right here beside me has been such a beautiful gift, and such a ray of HOPE in our lives. Her name says it all.
It has been months since I have posted on this. Blogging has just lost me a little bit lately, probably because of the crazy life of caring for two little girls, and another on the way. It just seemed the least of my importance, which is okay because posting about some of the most important things have become more of my way of using this blog.
When I last posted on here we had recently found out about the expectancy of our third baby. At the time we had been through such a rough start. We thought we were going to lose this little life inside me, but the Lord had other plans. He kept her safe and growing, and although so many emotions were like such a roller coaster, we were so blessed to find that it was only a minor complication with the pregnancy. Through all that, the day we found out we were going to be bringing another new little girl into the world, I just knew God's hands was on it all.
This pregnancy was hard. It was the hardest. From the beginning, to points where my Dr.'s had told me I needed to take it easy even with trying to care for a 2 an 4 year old, up to birth where I had some other medical issues/concerns that led me to make a decision to be induced. I don't regret it a bit. It was way worth it all. With the team of nurses and the Dr/Midwife I have loved the most, who was there for my care through all pregnancies, this time she was able to deliver my baby. She, herself wanted to be there for the birth because she knew all the struggles I had throughout this pregnancy. So she was thrilled to be able to induce me at 39 weeks.
When I got into the hospital Thursday morning at 7am they started me right away with antibiotics because I tested positive for Group B Strep this time. When I was in there I was already 3-4cm dilated and 80% effaced. They almost thought they may not need to dose me up with Pitocin because I was so close to going on my own. But they started on a real low dose so that the antibiotics could kick in for at least 4 hours. I had planned some more relaxed/focused techniques this time with some music and different positions. By the time they broke my water the labor really sped up. It was about an hour 1/2 of hard labor, with a epidural toward the end. I had planned on having one to help with the pain from at least pushing. Contractions were rough, but quick so it was somewhat bearable. Of course, as it did with Addie's birth, the epi only worked on half of my body, so I basically felt it all on one side. Around 5 something I started pushing. It was much harder this time, because with Ruby I hadn't felt the pushing pain as much since the epidural actually worked on all of me. But I pushed for about 20-30 min and here she was!
I got to hold out little girl only for a few min because they had realized her cry wasn't as loud as it should have been and her breathing was sounding rough. They rushed her to the nursery and tried their hardest to clean her out. She had so much amniotic fluid. They put her right on oxygen to help her breathing. I was not in there, but I knew it wasn't really the greatest start to things so I was nervous and prayed so much. As this was going on there were about 5 nurses and my Dr. around me trying to stop the increased bleeding I was having. Once again, that made me a little concerned, but they were able to slow it down and I did not have to get rushed to the operating room.
Cecily was in the nursery the whole first night and day. I wished she was with me in the room, but she needed some extra care and oxygen. She finally was able to get off of it and a few hours later, the next day she was able to be with me overnight. We were convinced with the IV of nutrients she was getting because of some feeding trouble, that she would have to be in the hospital a few more days. But later on Saturday, the pediatrician came in and told us we were able to go home together as a late discharge around 7 since all her blood tests and such came back really well and normal. So that night we were able to take our little miracle, Cecily HOPE home with us. She is such a beauty. And this whole experience for me this time around was wonderful.
"Thank you God for Your protection on our little one from the beginning until the moment she came into this world."

No comments:
Post a Comment