I was thinking about the importance of being a "woman of beauty" even as a stay-at-home mom. See, my husband still loves to see me look nice when we go out places, and that is because he is a man and there is nothing wrong with that. Men are visual people, and God created them that way.
There are often times when I will be at home all day dealing with the food and snot and so on of my girls, that actually getting around to making myself pretty is the last thing on my mind. I mean, who else is going to see me? I have been realizing that is not the point. I want my husband to come home from work with relief, even in being able to see me dressed in regular clothes instead of pjs. Trust me, I am not saying that I am doing this on a regular basis or I am trying to model the 1950s house wife that spends hours in the morning to look and be a perfect wife; I am just saying that I believe my husband deserves to see beauty even in our marriage 6 years later. To feel captivated by his bride. The fact that I care to shower on a regular basis and maybe put some makeup on my face to look nice for him. To be healthy. And this because I want to do it, not because someone told me to do it. Everyone has their own thoughts on this, it is just something that I had been thinking about lately.
I'm sure many married couples in their lives had heard the saying, keep the romance and excitement in your marriage. The excitement of going on dates, looking your best for each other. Just being a joy and a blessing to your spouse. And trust me, a man loves to see and look at his bride even years later, even after kids. Be positive about this, not negative. You are the one he chose, and with both your heart and beauty, I believe if it stays real, you will be so blessed.
I liken you, my darling, to a mare
among Pharaoh’s chariot horses.
Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings,
your neck with strings of jewels.
We will make you earrings of gold,
studded with silver.
Songs of Solomon 1:9-11
How beautiful you are, my darling!
Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes are doves.
Songs of Solomon 1:15
No comments:
Post a Comment