This is the month I turned 29 on the 2nd. It was a good birthday. Was able to go on a little date with my husband. My parents brought a cake for me and then watched the girls. My sweet mother in law baked a cake for me; But I came to thinking about how this is my last year in my 20's, and most of us who have turned 30 or will be know that we kinda dread those numbers. But as I sat there and looked back on the last decade of my life, and the years of the 20's(age), I couldn't help but be so thankful and blessed for all the wonderful, life-changing things that have happened in my life.
Let's go back in time a little...
I graduated from high school in the spring of 2001 and that fall finding myself doing something I would have never imagined myself doing...moving down to Florida to be part of Fort Myers Masters Commission, where my spiritual life and relationship with God was drastically transformed for the better. Those two years of Spiritual and Ministry "Boot-camp" were an experience that changed me as a person. My Nana, who passed away almost 7 years ago always told me that God wanted to do something special in my life, and that the Pastor who dedicated me as a baby said that God had some great plans for me. My Nana and I had a spiritual bond that was just so special, and she believed that my experience with Master's was one of those great plans God had in store.
I left Masters and started my journey at Liberty in the Fall of 2003 where I was 21. And I don't know if was a "word" from God or not, but my Mom was convinced that I was going to meet my husband at Liberty. She would tell me over and over again and I would just laugh. Little did I know, she was right!
I met Jared so early in the fall of 2003 through my "Brother Dorm", and discovered I was going to let go of my stubbornness in avoiding dating any guy. I married that amazing man 1.5 years later in 2005 where I was almost 23.
In 2006 God moved us up to my home state in NH to work with a small church. The end of 2007 I became pregnant with my first miracle, Adeline Faith, born in July 2008. As soon as she turned 1, God began growing us another little miracle, Ruby Grace, born on Easter 2010! My girls are such a joy and incredible blessing to Jared and I, and all this happened in the last 10 years. All I can say is when people ask you the best time of your life, I can say, it was definitely in my 20's. Don't worry, I'm not shooting down when I turn 30 and after that, I am just saying that I have reflected this year on my birthday and I am excited to see the wonderful things God will do with our lives in the years to come. But as of now I would say, my 20's weren't at all too shabby :)
3 comments:
very meaningful read Becky... thanks
Love it!
Post a Comment