Our trip was a lot of fun until the end when my husband caught the influenza virus or one of the worst cold viruses you could ever get.
We spent the first few days at a cousin of mines gorgeous home in St. Cloud, which is right next to Orlando. They have lived up in NH for all their lives but 3 years ago decided they wanted to move down south for good. I don't blame them. What a shocker in weather it was from down there to here.
Their house was pretty decent sized with a cute little man made lake out in their backyard. They have plenty of bedrooms for guests and it was quite relaxing. Jared attended the conference, or church planting boot camp on Weds, Thurs and Fri morn. So I spent the couple days with the girls and they had fun spending time there. It was in the 70s almost all week. Was about 80 on Tues when we decided to spend the day in Disney World to take Addie to the Magic Kingdom. She loved it but also was a little afraid of some of the things we went on because of the loud noises. She was loving the characters from far away, but when we got up to them she didn't want to touch them. Ruby was smiling most of the day. But we skipped out on a nap for Addie so we ended of leaving the MK early, around 6:30. She passed out in the car on the way back to the house. Overall the trip was quite relaxing until toward the end.
We got to Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort on Friday and Addie was thrilled that there were animals right outside our window. The weather was beautiful so we were able to take her swimming on Saturday at the baby water park in the hotel. She was having sooo much fun! Going down little water slides and playing with the water fountains spitting out of the ground. That is when Jared started to feel like crud. He woke up all achey and stuffy thinking it was just allergies, but it got worse to where he could hardly move out of bed. We were stuck in the hotel room for 2 days while he was trying to recover and I was trying to entertain the girls by taking walks and letting Addie play in the craft room in the hotel. It was miserable because they were getting so cranky for staying in and I was stressed because I was all on my own trying to take care of them far from home and in a hotel. I look back now and I am thankful for the few days before even though I was so stressed and exhausted the last couple days.
We decided from now on if we fly we will not bring kids on the early flight. Traveling through Orlando Intl. Airport was miserable with a sick hubby and two little ones. Addie had a couple fits on the floor in the middle of the airport because she was exhausted. But thankfully we finally made it on the plane and she relaxed. She slept most of the way, as well as me and Ruby. Jared had so much discomfort in his head, nose and ears, so he was a mess. But we made it home safely.
I tried to take pics, but most from my phone because our camera was not working correctly. For some reason it only works indoors, and not in a bright place like Florida. I will post up the few I took.
No comments:
Post a Comment