Tuesday, May 4, 2010

1 Month!


Today is the 1 month anniversary of the birth of our little Ruby Grace. My how time flies. I am going to do a quick little update just because I feel I should be a little better with blogging on where my little ones are at in life.Ruby was at the Dr. for a weight check and a couple questions I had today, and she weight 9lbs 12oz! A whole two pounds since her birth weight! So thankfully she is eating enough. I had some questions concerning her little tummy. She is quite a fussy one as of a couple weeks ago and seems to act as if he stomach bothers her a lot of the time; Very gassy and has off and on done a bit of projectiling.. So I was concerned that she might be colicky. The Dr. noticed the gassiness, but also recommended us trying some infant Zantac for reflux if we wanted to. I am still kinda deciding on that one, but I am also probably going to try going off milk products for the next 3 or 4 days to see if its maybe something in my diet that she takes in while nursing. But other than that, she has been such an amazing joy and blessing to our little family.

She is still not sleeping stretched hours at night. Some are better than others, but she isn't hard to put back down because her and I most of the time fall asleep as she feeds and yet she still seems to get enough in in the evening hours.

She smiled for mommy for the first time yesterday! It made my week. We have had a crazy few weeks since she has been born and that moment brought so much joy to me.


Addie LOVES her little baby sister. But she is still not getting the concept of gentle all the time. There hasn't been much jealousy problems, but she has definitely been a daddy's girl lately. Every morning when she gets up she walks to the living room and my bedroom saying "baby baby..." She looks for her little sister to make sure she is still here. It is adorable to watch.

Ruby loves to be held and rocked. This makes the days hard sometimes because I don't have the extra hands to work with a toddler too. So stress can become real high at this moment for me, but I know it will get easier and much better. That is what everyone says who have had kids close in age.

So this month has been crazy, but such a blessing with our little red head. Life would not be right without her.

No comments: