This weekend Jared and my brother in law are on a men's retreat. Jenn and I decided that we should hang out the weekend they are gone, and thought, "hey, might as well spend the weekend together." So Adeline and I are here in Salem spending some sister and aunty quality time. The weather has been absolutely perfect this week! It was up to 90 yesterday and I think it might be the same today. I thought about going to the beach, but usually the first warm week of the summer it is completely packed there and would probably be more stressful with a 10 month old than fun. Instead I think we are going to do some shopping. I am finally going to get Adeline a new stroller. The chico umbrella ones so that I am not lugging this huge one around anymore. And my sister will probably look at maternity clothes. She is at the stage where she isn't quite fitting in her old stuff, but some maternity is way too big. Been there, done that!
I have started Addie on some table type food. She still prefers her baby food but she will eat things like pancakes, canned fruit, frozen peas and carrots(obviously cooked), sweet potatoes. She also loves her puffs. It is funny how creative you begin to get as your child starts on these things. I feel like I am eating more healthy myself because I am buying a lot of fruits and veggies now to give to her or to make baby food out of. Before the thought of it seemed stressful, but I am actually having fun.
Naptimes have turned into mostly one a day. She does have these days where it may be two, but the past 2 weeks it seems more like one. I can't believe she will be 10 months on the 26th! It makes me sad but happy at the same time. She is so much fun now. Cruising around like crazy, doing a little crawling, and standing by herself. We have been taking walks mostly every day if its nice out. I am enjoying that because I get a little exercise in and a reason to get out. Since downtown Concord is walking distance from our house it makes things easier. Plus, I get to go and hang out in my favorite coffee shop White Mountain Coffee.
Jared will be back tomorrow during the day. Its funny that I already miss him (I know I am sappy), but I am glad he will be having a great time just doing "guy" stuff all weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment