We have had some gorgeous weather in the last week. It was up to about 90 for a couple days but the rain has made its way to us. In a way I don't mind it because I have been out almost every day, and this just gives me an excuse to stay home. On the other hand, instead of sitting on my tush all day I probably should really clean some.
Is it hard as a mom to keep up with your house? For me it has been a huge challenge, and sometimes I just feel like a slob. I feel bad because I want to be able to get things done by the time Jared comes home. I hate the fact that he has to come home to a not so tidy house. But when do I find time to make this place spotless? Not very often! I am too busy watching a 10 month old making sure she isn't putting random things in her mouth or falling against a table.
Lately we have been trying to make some future decisions. Jared came back from the men's retreat and God really spoke to his heart. I am not going to go much into detail, but for years he has had a heart for church planting. It seems that this has not left him, which is a good thing because if its from God than it will always be there somewhere in the back of his mind. We have had some tough ministry experiences since we moved up here, and although it seems that we've questioned so many times, we have still learned so much. I personally dealt with some huge challenges and I pretty much gave up some of my dreams for awhile. I went to school for women's ministry, and left not knowing what that may bring. It isn't common for many churches to hire women for a director over a women's ministry unless the church is really large and has that specific program, and as I sit here and think, my calling now is to be home with my daughter. Maybe some day God will lead me to a ministry where I can use my gifts and knowledge of teaching other women, but right now this is where I am.
Where ever God is calling my husband, I will follow. And most importantly, we will BOTH follow Christ's leading in our lives and future ministry. Wondering what He has in store for us...
No comments:
Post a Comment