Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On 9-10 months

Well, I haven't been able to spend much time posting because life has been quite busy with a 9 month old! I can't believe she will be 10 months the end of this month. Time flies and its both sad and happy. I don't know how some mothers keep up so well on their blogging.. my life now consists of making sure my baby doesn't get into things too much, and when she is napping I have to clean the house or take a shower, and her bed time at night is hubby time and God time. I am messed up when I am having poor prayer and Bible time. So with all that said, where did all my time go? Right now I am slacking and posting rather than cleaning. I guess sometimes you gotta splurge to spend time to yourself.

Adeline has now mastered pulling herself up and a little bit of cruising. She has "mastered" it so much that she has about 4 little bruises on her forehead from bumping it against the coffee table, and one big bump and bruise on her brow bone from loosing her balance and banging it on the corner. So basically she has a black eye at the moment. Poor little baby. And as I brought her to her 9 month appt this morning I was all self conscious because it looks like I had wacked her a good one or something, which is so not the case! I explained both to the nurse and Dr. that she has been learning to cruise and seems to love our coffee table. What they said was "That is not the last big bump/bruise you will see." So with a sigh of relief, I felt better.


She now weighs 18lbs 7oz! She loves her food. I am going to start trying finger foods. She loves the baby food, but everyone says that babies are eating normal finger foods by now...my mistake! I just have to somehow think creatively. If your a mom, I need some advice on how to start that.

Anyway, once again I need to stop typing and work around the house. Now that she is sleeping I might be able to get something done...

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

great first finger foods: waffles/pancakes (i just bought the frozen kind), gerber puffs, gerber biter biscuits, any softer veggies (green beans, carrots, etc.) all of this obviously cut up in small pieces