Thursday, April 23, 2009

Adeline has finally mastered the pulling up thing. So much that it is hard to get her to lie down for a nap. She is just so excited that she can stand up in her crib now. At the same time, she will be completely exhausted and ready to sleep..but her new discovery holds her back. Now, nap time everyday is a project. She will cry, and the mean mom I am, I will have to gently stroke her head and cheek and hold her down so she falls asleep.

Jared and I have been getting some nice afternoons to spend together since he has been getting out of work fairly early lately. 2/3 ish. But those early days will change next week because he offered to work a 4 day week. So that would be 10 hrs a day. Which means he will be home either 5:30 or 6, but also means that he will have a whole day off, which is what appealed to him the most. I still think he's crazy for taking up 10hr days. But that's just me. We shall see how it works.

This weekend we might be taking a drive to Boston with the fam. I guess it's suppose to be almost 80 degrees! That just blows my mind. Seems like we JUST had snow. But I have always known the strangeness of New England. It does what the heck it wants to do month by month. Last time we were in Boston was a freezing December night. Not fun!

I started a young ladies Bible study on Monday night. It actually went really well. We are studying Beth Moore's Breaking Free. All I have heard has only been good about it. A life-changing experience. I am praying it will be in my life and the lives of the other girls. This is definitely a step out of my comfort zone. To be real, I have tried to avoid leading something like this for awhile now. But I know this is a God thing, because He put it before me and my heart is totally there. I needed to let go of holding onto being in my bubble of low self-confidence and I finally broke through. I pray this will be a great experience. I believe it will.

No comments: