Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On Life's Direction

Did you ever wonder if God was sending you to a direction you would least likely choose? It's sometimes hardest to hear His voice when you aren't exactly spending quality time in His presence. I know this from experience...

It has been such a blessing learning the joys of being a mom. To see every little thing your child does brings a spark of love, deeper and deeper. But when life starts to get more and more hectic with taking care of a baby and trying to get the things done that need to be done, its easy to forget your spiritual life. Maybe I am the only mom who struggles with this, but I do know lately it has been a little more on the challenging side.

I had always been one to make it a point to spend every day in the presence of God. Praying and reading His Word. Times like those I have found it much easier to understand each word and direction He asks of me. As Christians, I think we can all testify moments like these, where our hearts are in sync with God; more joy, more hope. We are at peace in our every day lives, even when things don't go our way. I miss these times, and I know its my own fault for not pursuing them enough. The times I feel so indecisive I know are the times I am not spending enough of those intimate, holy moments with God. That is why I am asking now: "God, what is Your direction for my life? What is Your direction for my family's life?" The only way to find out is to lay at His feet and hear Him speak. How hard can that be? HARD? No...just easy; and overwhelmingly satisfying.

No comments: