Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On Baby Dedication & Such

Adeline was dedicated October 5, 2008! Hurray for her! We had a little get together afterward at Grandma and Grandpa's. We had a cake and invited a few friends and family. I put her in this adorable fancy ivory dress...I think it might have been something that a person would buy for a christening...but in way dedications can pass for a similar occasion.
She did well. She was wide awake and alert up there in front of the church. No crying or anything.

On Saturday we went to my uncle's 50th b-day party. It was "vintage themed" and pretty sweet because my other uncle owns a t-shirt company and printed all these t-shirts with 70's and 60's bands on them which we were required to wear. I picked out a JOURNEY one and Jared got a Sex Pistols one....I'll take free clothes any day! That day Addie hadn't gone poop for 24 hours and she had a very gassy tummy which was so uncomfortable that she was fussy all night. I felt so bad. Thank goodness for infant gas drops! But I tried different things like laying her on her tummy and rubbing her tummy, and finally the next day she went to the bathroom and it was a blowout! But she felt much better after that so that was good. The things you get concerned about as a new mommy...kinda funny when you think of it.

My friend Nicole and I went to an apple orchard on Sunday. Jared and Nicole's new hubby stayed home and watched the game and watched Adeline. She was chillin and being one of the guys with Daddy. We picked a bunch of apples and got some cider donuts. Now I need to decide what to do with all these apples. I think tonight I will make apple crisp for small group. Time for me to get going to my hungry baby girl!

No comments: