Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On Two Months

Friday our little baby girl will be 2 months! I can't believe how time has flown. Its like yesterday we were stuck at the hospital for a week! Lately Adeline has made some great milestones. She learned how to smile! Although, it still only happens occasionally, but at least once everyday we will see a beautiful face light up with a smile! She is also awake a lot of the time, and her naps seem to take place in her new favorite toy, the cradle swing. It's hard to get her down to a nap in a crib during the day, only at night when she sleeps longer. She has also slept most nights at least 5 1/2 to 6 hours! Although, there are occasional nights when its less, but those longer nights helps mommy to be more alert during the day. She is eating much more, and that is good because I took her to a weight check last week and she now weighs 9lbs and 12 oz! I was afraid that she wasn't getting enough to eat, but the nurse said that she is at a perfect weight now, so that was a relief. Everything was normal for me as well when I went to my 6 week appointment. The Dr. said I am healing wonderfully. Which is always a good thing.

Adeline is looking more and more different. Its amazing how fast they grow! I am loving the stay-at-home mommy role. It's always been my dream and our goal as parents. It is like a full time job taking care of a baby. I don't know how some mothers do it working full time. All I can say is that they have got some skills! She has her 2 month shots appointment on Monday. I am not looking forward to that. I am nervous to see how she will react, but I know that she is in good hands with the Dr. Hopefully it won't be as bad as some babies react to them. It makes me sad though :-( I will try and remember to post on how that appt will go. I pray that it will go just fine.

No comments: