Friday, September 5, 2008

On Labor Day Weekend


This past weekend we spent with Jared's family in Maine. The Lowe's came up and visited Jared's mom's family in Maine. It was fun to visit with family and Addie did great. We brought her travel pack n play with the bassinet inside, and her stroller, and we were all set with a place for her to be. She is already growing and looking different these days. I haven't yet got her to smile, but we're workin on it. One thing I think, though, is that she discovered her tongue and mouth. Which is cute if you stare at her for a bit and watch her expressions.

We got up there Saturday afternoon and she did fine most of the car ride. She is not a fan when we stop in traffic which was a problem once. She likes to be moving and on the go. Takes after her daddy, I think.

On Sunday we had a picnic at Highland Lake. It was nice and sunny out but incredibly windy! Because of that I was freezing. Its already feeling like September. We walked to the town next door and did some shopping. Overall, it was a pretty fun day despite the windiness blowing our food everywhere. That night Jared and I decided to go out on a date and leave Addie with Grammy. We ate at this non-impressive seafood place. But it took away our curiosity of the
place. And on Labor Day the whole family, aunt's and uncles had a cookout.


Tuesday was my 26th b-day. My sister came over that night to watch the baby as Jared and I went out for some Thai food. It was yummy! I am still in shock that I am already 26. Years have flown by.

Last night Adeline slept 5 hours! Both at night and in the morning. I was impressed. Although instinctively I woke up anyway at her usual time, to find only that she was still asleep. So it was nice, but it still took me time to go back to sleep. Hopefully this will be more of a regular thing for her. That would be nice!

No comments: