Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On Growth & Weekend

Adeline is one month old today! She now weighs 7lbs and 13oz, 20 3/4 inches long! She is growing which is very good. Means we know she is getting enough to eat. She has though, picked up a bad case of baby acne. But that is normal. I just feel bad for her little face.

We took her on her first 2 day trips this weekend. They went pretty well, although I can tell by Sunday she had enough because she seemed really crabby the next day. We visited my uncle's beach house in Maine. It is seriously right on the water. You can see the whole ocean from his back porch, its gorgeous! This is the family that is on the VERY wealthy side. He has 3 houses, one in Maine and a HUGE condo in Florida where Jared and I had our honeymoon. And obviously one here in NH which is basically a mansion. Addie was definitely the center of attention. Almost everyone in my family got a chance to hold her, which is about 15 people, so that was crazy! But she did fine.

Her appetite has seemed to grown more now. It's always an adventure for me as a nursing mom. But after awhile you get used to it. I am just glad that she is eating well.

Jared's family should be visiting tomorrow and staying the night. They are going to camp out in our small, lovely apartment. The next morning they are bringing one of his sisters to college at Clark University in Worcester, Mass. She got accepted to a great and really hard school to get into, and she picked the Northeast to live at. We are very happy for Lydia! Hopefully through the time she is there she will visit up our way sometimes. Its a 2 hour drive from here. Right next to Boston. We are proud of her.

And back to another part of Maine this weekend where Jared's family will be after dropping Lydia off. We get to visit his grampa and uncles, so that is going to be fun. I hope Adeline does well away from home for a couple nights. I don't think she is at the point to completely understand whether she is home or not. I will come back if there is more interesting news. If not, I will talk about how our weekend went :-)

No comments: