Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On Last Summer Weekends


This past weekend was the first time I left Adeline with Grandpa & Grandma for a few hours as we attended a wedding of some of our good friends. They came over to our place to watch her, and it was a lot harder than I expected. I was fine when they got there, but once I left and got to the church I was in tears! A couple of ladies from church was there for support and said that it was completely normal for me to react that way. I knew she is in good hands, but I was still on the separation anxiety thing. But, Praise the Lord! I got through, and she did great. We went to the reception and everything, but there was a point where I was so ready to go home. It was still a lot of fun and I was told that it was good for Jared and I to get out. Jared also actually married this couple, and he did a wonderful job for his first wedding! Everyone complimented him and it was an honor for him to be able to marry our friends.

This weekend we are taking our first 2 day trips with the baby and next weekend we are taking our first weekend away with her. This weekend we have a church picnic on Saturday up at the lake, and on Sunday my uncle has a cookout at his house on the beach in Maine, about an hour 1/2 from here. I am a little nervous because I haven't kept her out of the house for that long, but I pray that she will do well. Next week is when Jared's family is visiting and staying with his Grampa's in Maine. We are going to go up for a couple days to see that side of the family.

Well, this coming weekend-the 24th was Adeline's official due date! How crazy is that?! Obviously plans didn't work out that way, but I am going to convince my husband that we should still spend a night out to celebrate. I wouldn't mind eating out and getting a nice, small drink. Small, I mean because with nursing, that is basically all that is allowed. It's been so long! She will be officially 40 wks this week!

No comments: