Monday, August 11, 2008

On Demand Feedings

We have finally come to the point where Addie can now eat on demand and not every three hours. This week is her first week of being term...Her due date is 2 weeks away, but she is in week 38 now so she is considered term. We had her second dr. appt on Friday and she now weighs 6lbs 13oz! So the Dr. is not concerned about her feedings. She is doing really well. I already know though that I might be somewhat of a nervous mom. If I hear a weird sound when she's sleeping I wonder if her breathing is okay. She does this thing where she makes a squeeky noise, almost like she is trying to catch air. But I am told that eventually you become less compulsive over your child as they get older.

Its pretty nice because so far she doesn't cry much at all. Only when she is hungry. She will wake up and start making funny noises and then you will hear a quick cry. We will see how long that lasts though. Babies always change. We have basically been going to bed pretty late lately because we are taking advantage of the new hours Jared has at work. He goes in at 9:30 and leaves at 6. Those 3am hours with UPS don't exist in his life anymore, which is awesome! We went to bed around 11-11:30 last night and Addie did not wake up till about 3am to feed. After that she was awake around 6:30am. The night before she got up around 4am and 7am. So its not all too bad so far. I seem to be up by 8am anyway these days. I also take advantage of her naptime because that is mine as well.

We took her to church yesterday. It was nice to get out. She is still in the car bed, but hopefully that won't be for long. She did well, slept through most of the service and I fed her at one point. She had a very cute dress on but I didn't end up getting the chance to take a picture of her because when we got home she decided to pee all over it when I was changing her.

Anyway, that is some updates on how things are going. The Dr. said she looks perfect, and that makes us very happy.

No comments: