Jared's mom was blessed to have a chance to come down and visit and help out this past week. Her pastor gave her this opportunity which was great. She left this morning and in a couple weeks the whole family will be up here, which that was already planned in advance to take Lydia to college and to be around when the baby is born. But that obviously didn't go EXACTLY as it was planned. On that note, Jared's mom was amazing! She helped out a lot cooking and cleaning, as I spend most of my time conked out on the couch and taking care of Adeline. So it was a huge blessing to have her come up for the week.
Addie has been continuously growing and doing well with her feedings. The Dr's were worried about that, but they seemed to be wrong on that part because our little girl definitely enjoys her meals! Her chord finally came off which means Mommy is going to be having fun playing dress up more often with her baby girl. The visiting nurse came the other day and she weighed her. Addie is now at 6lbs 9 ounces, over her birth weight which is good. I gave her a couple of baths in the last week and Grammy helped out. She loves sitting in her little hot tub-it's really funny to see how relaxed she looks. She takes after her mommy in baths and hot tubs being a form of relaxation. Here are some pics...
Ah.... so relaxed!
Anyway, so things have been going well. I am still as exhausted as ever but to me I am just amazed at how much I learn everyday being a new mom. And how much she even changes to the littlest bit. This is such an amazing miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment