Saturday, August 2, 2008

Home Finally!


We are finally home from the hospital! Adeline got discharged Weds night because she was doing a lot better. After 5 days in the hospital, it's so nice to be home, although things have been crazy! One, in the fact that our house was like a disaster because I had JUST started to prepare for her coming in a MONTH. So not much was ready! At least we had her pack n play bassinet all put together and she has been chillin in there a lot because of her sleepy self. She is doing very well with feedings and the jaundice is at a level where she need not be treated. Praise God!

Well, the whole story to my point of view was crazy! I woke up last Friday night and realized that my water had broke. It was about 3:30am when we arrived at the hospital. They double checked if that what it was and it WAS! So there was no turning back now. I wasn't even packed or prepared with a suitcase so Jared had to run home and get stuff together.

The labor was LONG and the last part of pushing for 2 1/2 hours was very hard and trying. But I got through! I got an epidural but it seemed that one of my legs didn't have much of the meds in, so that was interesting. She ended up being born at 12:41am on July 26th at 6 lbs 8 ounces and 19 inches long. Two days ago a home visiting nurse came and weighed her. We left the hospital and she was 6lbs 3 ounces, but she had already gained back up to 7 ounces, which is great!

At this point we are very exhausted but are very happy to be home. Although, I am basically isolated from the rest of the world till she is term. We aren't suppose to go around taking her out anywhere yet, except doctor's appointments and such; especially since she is only in the car seat bed the hospital gave us. But we have wonderful people who will be cooking for us and helping us out if we need it.

The miracle of her was so amazing! I can't even describe with words how overwhelmed with joy I am. She is beautiful! I pray that I will be a great mommy and that she will grow to know God in a deep way.

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

It's so great to hear you guys are holding on okay in the madness!! Sounds like labor was long but you had a great reward! We're praying for you guys. Love seeing pics on facebook of cute little Addie!