Here is the most recent pic of me...Nothin too exciting except feeling a lot huger lately.
So I am definitely at the point of getting closer and closer to having this baby. At least it feels as if these weeks are just flying. So much has happened in the last couple weeks since we have gotten back from Disney. My dad planned on a surprise anniversary party for my mom the week we got back from vacation. He had it all set out so that it would take place in the same reception hall they were married at 35 years ago. So it was a really cool night, and filled with tears as well because they showed a slide show of their life and family as we were growing up. My mom was very surprised. We had an amazing turkey dinner there.
Last weekend for the 4th we went up to Maine to visit Jared's grampa and some of the rest of the family that lives there. That was a nice time to get away. We had a cookout and watched fireworks by the downtown beach. His Aunt Gail also is moving out of her house so she has offered for us to take some of the furniture she has if we need it. So we ended up claiming a nice rocking/glider chair, which will be great for when the baby comes, and also a nice shelf with baskets to put things like clothes and toys in since we don't have an extra dresser at this point.
My parents went with us to Babies R Us the other night and bought us the crib! It was such a blessing. We got a nice 4-in 1 white crib, and that changes into both a toddler and regular size bed. So we will probably be putting that up this weekend.
My big shower is on Saturday. Some of the ladies at church put on one a few weeks ago and that was so nice of them. They started me off with a lot of necessary things. I have a lot of clothes so far, but only for the first 3-6 months. Soon I will have to start collecting other clothes for after 6 months. So we should be all set for awhile. I hoping I will get my stroller and car seat for this next party, because that is VERY necessary.
Anyway, I will continue to update on anything exciting. We've done a lot in the last few weeks but the pregnancy is going well still. Right now I am actually in the stage of feeling tired and uncomfortable a lot of the time. My back has been aching and the weather has been sooo hot lately so that has been interesting. Thank God for A.C.!
1 comment:
I just found your blog thru facebook!=)It's been so fun reading, and I wish you both all the best!!
Post a Comment