This past weekend my family put on an amazing baby shower for me. It was a lot of fun and such a beautiful day to have part of it outside on my parent's new deck. I came home with bags and bags of stuff. Praise God! I got a stroller and car seat travel system that is VERY nice, and I got a nice pack n play bassinet system, as well as an adorable tea set exersaucer, which is very girly and pink. I love it and that's why I decided to be brave and get one. If we have a boy someday, we will just have to deal and maybe buy a new one. A lady from my church very generously gave us a couple things that she had been using for when her grandchildren were little. She gave us a crib mattress and a little swing. Those were a couple things that we didn't get that we were in need of. Right now we are needing a changing table and a high chair. The high chair not as much just yet because they don't start in that till about 5 or 6 months. But our lovely crib is set up and a couple of these devices are put together just sitting in the baby room. I received a lot of clothes, blankets, a diaper bag, and a lot of necessary bathroom stuff. I am so thankful for my mom, sister, best friend and cousin who worked so hard at putting this together. The food was great and the whole house looked adorable! Tonight Jared and I are going to try and make a trip to Target to use what we got out of a gift card.
I am getting a little nervous as the day comes closer. I know many women go through with birth, but that doesn't change the fact that it still freaks me out a lot of the time. heh We are praying that the delivery goes smoothly and safe and that our baby will be born healthy. Its almost just a month away and that is crazy to me! I am already in that nesting stage of trying to make sure our place is prepared and that all her stuff will be cleaned and ready. Pray for us and the birth of our child. We are excited and nervous at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment