There is just something I miss so much about living in Florida...the weather. I have always LOVED tropical and warm places. I miss the sounds of waves crashing, and the noises of different wildlife anywhere outside of the city. We have had a very mild winter this year, but it doesn't change the fact that I cannot stand any hint of coldness. When I am old, I have a dream of spending my winter months in Florida. Guess we'll have to see what the hubby says on that! But winter season can be very depressing, for many people. I am one of those people. When they talk about seasonal depression, I can definitely relate to that. It can be hard when you are stuck inside with two young children and only have a car some of the time to get anywhere. We have a cute little playground walking distance from our house that the girls LOVE going to when its nice out. But right now the place is covered in snow and ice so it doesn't make it easy to take many trips over there.
Lately the girls have entertained themselves in various ways. Jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed, playing "sleep-time" where they take turns covering each other up with blankets and pillows and stuffed animals, going around saying "shh." They have gotten a liking to play-doh, not one of Mommy's favorite games. They also enjoy wearing laundry baskets, to where Ruby invented "Robot Face". She will go around with a basket on her head saying "Wobot face!" And then Addie will begin talking in monotone. They also enjoy wearing Mommy's clothes around the house...including "personal items" on their heads. These are the things that just fill these depressing months with some joy and laughter.
Although winter seems to go on forever sometimes, its always such a relief when the first sign of Spring appears. For now I will patiently wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment