Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life Now

It has been quite awhile since I have posted in this thing, so I figured I would let whoever reads this know what things have been happening in the last couple of months or so. I don't have a very good working camera at the moment so pictures aren't as quickly put up anymore.

In the last couple months God has been doing some good things in our lives. We are on the mend of some of the financial struggles we have been dealing with, by the help of an amazing couple from our church who are bringing us through some counseling, and of course by God as well. Things have been looking a lot more positive.

More good news is that Jared was asked to come on part time staff at our church River Of Grace as the Missional Community Director. This was a blessing as well we didn't really expect. So thank God for that! We have been experiencing a lot of God's grace through this tough time and have seen His faithfulness work in different ways. We are not sure what the future will hold with Jared's desire to plant a church, but all we know now is that we are in the exact place God has us for a reason.

The girls are growing and learning so much everyday. My little toddler, 2yr-old-to-be, her words and sentences are expanding! She understands so much more than she did 4 months ago. My 3 year old is a great big ball of energy! She is very active and carefree. She also is such a loving and caring little girl to others. But I am not gonna lie, when they say "terrible twos" that is not exactly the case with her. I think three is a bit more challenging and difficult than two ever was. My big girl definitely speaks her mind! But they are both such joyful lights in our lives everyday.

Looking back at these 6 years, almost 7 years of marriage, I am amazed at how far we have come. It was hard to ever picture little ones running around during year one. I knew someday we would start a family, but at that time I, personally, was going through some really tough, emotional difficulties. That was a season of a really hard anxiety breakdown. Back then I was scared to even imagine having to care for little ones while I struggled so much. Jared, my amazing husband, stood by my side trying all he could do to help me as I went through that. So thankful for his heart and patience as he saw me go through that. Now, as I see these adorable little faces everyday, and hear the little footsteps running through the house, its hard to imagine life without it. It also brings the joy in my heart that I had a hard time taking in during that place in my life.

But I will say again, God is faithful, and when there are times when I start to doubt something always brings me back to all the things He has done in my life so far. I'm almost 30, and seeing that I have reached this far and many more to go, there's no doubt that He has a plan.

No comments: