So, we are trying to start a weaning process for Ruby and nursing. She is quite attached to it and will not usually settle for anything else. She drinks water fine from a sippy cup, but when I finally put cow's milk in it she had no interest what so ever. She took a couple sips and threw her cup on the floor. I left it hanging around even, and she would look at it, take a sip and that was it. I guess I am not in a huge rush, meaning, I am not worried about having it happen quickly because as I read up, that is usually the more difficult way to do it. Especially if its cold turkey; but I just want her to get used to the idea of not having to nurse on demand throughout the day and to enjoy her experience using the sippy cup instead. I have even tried pumping and putting that in the cup. She would drink some, but than not long after, still want to nurse.
Addie was pretty easy to get off because she had sort of weaned herself off around 12 months. I think she noticed I was not getting much of a supply in, since I was pregnant at the time. So her interest was almost nothing, and she would fight her way off. With her though, I actually gave her formula from the time she was a newborn to help increase her supplement. She was good with the bottle and didn't mind the formula because when she was born she had trouble feeding from being premature, so she had already been used to it. I was able to start giving her a formula bottle before bed when she was weaning off and that seemed to comfort her fine. So this is a little challenge with Ruby since she refused any sip of formula from the start and would only take Mommy's milk.
Any advice for other mom's out there that had this issue at all?
No comments:
Post a Comment