Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It is that time of year when we are just sooo ready for the warm weather to come. This cold winter has dragged on long enough. I always think of how much I miss living down south this time of year. I would not mind the warmth with no snow all year long. But of course, that is not the place we are supposed to be.

I have become more and more excited about our next move. Jared and I and the girls drove by an empty church building basically right along the campus of Plymouth State. He looked at it and was thinking "That is the place!" Right in the center of the college life and other residential neighborhoods across the street. Its amazing that place has just been sitting there for, not sure how long. It was an old Methodist church. And as we have discovered, empty church buildings aren't really that uncommon in New England. The town of Salem I used to live in had turned an empty church building into a bar. So many situations like that make this place so depressing.

To change subject a little bit..I am also excited that Plymouth is basically one of the areas in NH that is surrounded by outdoorsy stuff. Hiking, skiing, lakes, mountain climbing etc. I have always been fond of the outdoors and this gives us more of an opportunity to go about these things without traveling far. Tourists might make the seasons of nice weather annoying at times, but that's okay.

So what has God been working on my heart with? I think it is peace. I need some peace to be surrounded in my life right now because I have struggled hard with it through the stresses of motherhood and financial situations. Thankfully we are getting one on one financial counseling from a wonderful couple in our church on a weekly basis. That has been a blessing from God. I think a lot of times I just struggle with allowing God's peace to overtake me because I throw my worries in front. Its hard to let go.
But Jesus says-
“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34
And I am reminded that-
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.." 2 Timothy 1:7

I feel like I am often reading these verses over and over again. Its easy to just skim through them and say "Oh yeah I know that verse". But when you actually plant it deep in your heart and cover your worries and fears with them, it does make a difference in your daily life. Thank God for reminders in His Word!

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Where is the "like" button for this post? :) I was reading the "no worries" verses yesterday. Good stuff...seems like what I always come back to, ya know? Thanks for sharing, mama!
-bethany (not Josh:)