Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve



This year we got a real, big Christmas tree. We had a table top one for our small living room last year, but Jared thought it would be a good idea to start some family traditions as the girls grow and not just settle, but have something that will be fun for them in the future and worthwhile. It fits perfectly in our tiny living room. We went for short and not too full.

This year I have been more moved by Christmas hymns than I think I ever have. This has been one thing my husband and I have experienced. For example, here is one beautiful line of a typical Christmas song that I never really noticed. Its from "I Heard the Bells on Christmas day"

And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”

THEN pealed the bells more loud and deep
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”


Or to my all time favorite Christmas hymn.."O Holy Night"

"Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
And in His Name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise His holy Name!

Amen to that!
We've heard all the Christmas songs and they have a warm, comforting Christmas tune, and thats why so many radio stations, stores and people start playing them after Thanksgiving. But I've come to realize how much more beautiful the hymns of the true meaning of Christmas really are, and what our lives are all about. It has been truly a blessing to see it in the real, true way.

Praying for my little baby. She came down with an ear infection this week and has been miserable. She had a very high fever off and on since Tuesday night. Weds morning at about 4am it got up to 103.2. She was burning up! I took her to the Dr that day and they found an infection in her left ear. We got her meds, and hoping they start working soon, because ever since then all she wants is to be held, nursed and sleep. My heart breaks to see her this way. Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I am praying so hard for her to feel better and that Addie will not come down with anything too rough since she started with a little cold yesterday morn. Pray for our little family and the holidays if you think of us.



To end this, I am going to post a couple of holiday pics for enjoyment.





MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the hymn "I Heard the Bells on Christmas day" ... the lyrics are amazing.
Hope your Christmas went well and you are doing good. Think of you often.
- Jess