If I had a better picture of the gigantic bruise I have on my knee and the nasty burn on my elbow, than I would post it. But when I tried to do so, it is nighttime, so the picture did not come out very well. You may be asking what the heck I am talking about... but it all happened on Sunday evening in Plymouth.
We were getting out of the car, which was parked on a parallel spot in downtown Plymouth, NH. Jared had already taken Addie into the building we have our nightly church meetings in, and I was getting Ruby out of the car, along with 2 bags over my shoulders. Well since our car was parked on the curb I had to go around it and obviously take a step up. As soon as I did that, with my baby in my arms and 2 bags on each arm, I tripped and slammed right down onto the ground on knees and one elbow..WITH Ruby in my arms! It is amazing that as soon as I felt it coming I clinged to her sooo tight in my arms with my hand holding and blocking her face from smacking down too. My mother instinct purked up and not a toe or a finger of hers touched the cement ground. Instead, with pain that I could hardly notice at first because all I was thinking about was her, I was almost on all fours hitting the ground. I got in the building and it was like fire burning on my elbow and when I got home I noticed this gigantic bruise that covered my whole knee. God is good! And its amazing how He created us as protectors for our children. And from what I hear, mothers will never stop protecting their babies, no matter what age they are.
When my child is hurt, I automatically jump up to go see what happened. Even if its the smallest of bumps or bruises. Its just an instinct as a mother to run to her children in their times of need and comfort. My girls' lives are so precious to me. To me it was so funny how Ruby just stayed there in my arms continuing her "gahing" and "googling" as if nothing had ever happened. While to me, a huge rush came through me as if something awful happened.
When Addie fell down our back stairs a couple weeks ago. I dropped everything I was holding and ran down with a racing heart. Thankfully the stairs have some outdoor carpet on them and she rolled down in her puffy jacket and into a pile of leaves. But that was one of the most scariest experiences to see happen with my little girl in these 2 years. She just got a few small bruises on her legs, but not bumps or blood! Thank God again. When I ran down to hold her, I was actually in tears. I felt so bad that she had to experience that because it must have been really scary for her. But once again, I am thankful for God's protection.
I believe that these mother instincts will never fade. And I am not embarrassed to say that these small incidents were extremely scary to me as a mommy. But I am also thankful that we have a God who catches us in every stumble and fall.
3 comments:
Hey,
I don't know if you remember me, (I think our husbands know each other better) but, I remember you especially from Tim and Colleen's wedding :) I just found your blog and enjoyed seeing your beautiful baby girls. We have 2 girls too! Josh has a story about falling with our littlest one too :) Great to hear how ya'll are doing.
God bless!
bethany
Hi Bethany! I definitely do remember you! I have read your blog too and enjoy reading about your little girls! We seem to be in almost the same place in life with our girls close together. :)
I know! This is embarrassing that I did not realize all this until now! Ah...baby girls are awesome. This will be fun to share comparisons with each other...by the way, I was reading your blog and your Addie sounds JUST like my Lucy-Kate with the whole "Dia! Dia!" thing. Too cute. :)
Post a Comment