Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. The weather was perfect and I got to spend time with a close friend and her boy and 3 month old girl. She came up to Concord, which is usually a trek, and we walked to downtown and a playground right down the street. It was good to have some mommy time.

Lately our money situation has been less than okay. This week we ran into a really rough spot and it was very scary because now with our little girl, we need to make sure we have all her needs. And no matter what happens we will, but at the same time it's easy to get anxious and think "well, what if we don't have enough this week or next?" So with all that said, I have been thinking of doing things a little differently.

I am going to try my hardest to buy food to make my own baby food with rather than the jars. It does save more money than you might think because you can get things like really large sweet potatoes and squash and freeze them. Other things I have been trying is getting those frozen peas and carrots and cooking them so that she can continue to work on eating table foods. I know a lot of people might think I am crazy because I am still giving my 10 month old jar and mashed baby food, but she still really enjoys it, and she also is still completely toothless, (which isn't too surprising to me because I didn't get teeth till I was 1), so she is still learning the concept of chewing. My mom said she gave us baby food for a while, at least till we were 1 or a little after, and we still turned out good and healthy.

Anyway, so I have been mashing stuff and pureeing things, as well as giving her things to eat herself like bread, pancakes, cooked carrots and peas, bananas, and other fruit pieces. When I buy those frozen veggies they last awhile because she eats a little at a time. Some things her stomach is still iffy about like acidic type foods- oranges, pineapple etc. She has a little bit of a reflux issue. She still spits up sometimes, so I try and avoid things and spices that she may react to.

Cloth diapers.... Now, I once would have NEVER considered using these. The main reason because we did not have a washer and dryer in our last place, but now that we do, I actually went out and bought some. Reason being, one of these rough weeks in the past month we had ran out of diapers and it was the night before Jared's pay day. So at that point I had to go up into the attic and get her the extra ones we had that were 1 size too small. They did something, and thankfully she was finished pooping for the day, but they were definitely too small to hold much at all. At that point I was like; "Man, I wish I had some cloth diapers at this point!" so I finally went out and bought some just in case a problem like this occurs again. And if we like them, I might just end up putting them on her the days we are at home all day and not planning on going anywhere. It may save at least some money.

In the midst of all the financial struggles and personal trials, I have been spending more quality God time lately and have been having pretty good days because of that. I always knew this, but I guess just kinda forgot the deep need I have for it on a daily basis. It once made a difference in my life, and I continue to pray that God will make Himself so known in my life that I can't stand to go a day without Him.

With all that said; For morning and night my prayers will be:

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14

I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8

No comments: