Tuesday, March 24, 2009

On a Mother's Panick Attack & Sundays

My daughter is now waving. She seems to do it on a regular basis, but we have been teaching her it means "hi" and "bye bye". This weekend she did it while saying "buh ba", I was trying to explain to her that can mean "byebye". It is quite adorable! She hasn't gotten the hang of crawling yet, though she is trying. Its easy for her to get frustrated while trying. But anytime we put her on the floor she ends up toppling over onto her tummy. It is obviously a purposeful thing for her. She just wants to crawl! Poor little frustrated baby. It shouldn't be too long.

This morning I freaked out. My husband's alarm woke me up about 5:15 and I jumped up and ran into Addie's room. There she was, lying completely on her face in her bed. Not just on her tummy with neck turned; but literally with her face in the mattress. Of course my heart beat like 20x faster, and I immediately lifted her and turned her around. She was fine, Praise God! I am assuming that its okay if babies end up on their belly's as they sleep once they learn how to turn over themselves; but with face in the mattress....I'm a new mom so it made me freak out a bit. It was just so strange how I felt this huge rush even before I saw her. Mother's intuition? I dunno, because at the same time it may not be a big deal. But I did have a moment of a real panic attack when I saw my baby girl laying in her crib that way.

We got Jared's car fixed and I have the Forrester back! But have I been out anywhere since then? No, of course not. I have been way too lazy. Sunday was a crazy day because Adeline's schedule was so off. We had church in the morning and it comes right in between her nap time. We only have one service so I don't have an option. Well, our church has this little back room that, when there was a youth group, when we had teens at the church, they would use it. It has couches and a glider and stuff and no one ever goes in there during the service, so I had turned it into a "mother's room". There are, and will be, and couple new babies at the church now and mom's would love a place to feed and rock them. That is where I spend a lot of my sunday mornings. We have a nursery, but there are only toddlers there right now, and like I said, Addie's nap schedule is usually during church hours. Anyway, after church, the elder Henry's ministry is having who ever over for dinner every sunday. He's a great cook and there is usually a ton of food. So we visited there on Sunday. Adeline was so excited being with all these people and kids that it was almost too much. She got so overstimulated! Babies will get that way, and that is fine, but she was a mess for the rest of the day after we got home. She screamed, even though she was exhausted, every time I put her for a nap. She had a 20 min one at church, and another 20 min at the meal afterwards, but that was it, and it just messed her up. So she wasn't happy, and I was exhausted so that was rough too. Monday morning came and I woke up and decided I was gonna be lazy and not do anything. Adeline was still recovering from the day before. But thankfully she is almost back on schedule today. Sundays can be really tricky.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I can see how that would be scary...but yup, it is definitely okay for babies to sleep on their bellies if they put themselves there. And they do seem to enjoy getting into odd positions. I never know how I am going to find mine sleeping!