Saturday, February 14, 2009

On Valentine's & Moving.


So I decided to make our blog look a little more pretty so now I will have more urgency to write in it. I didn't go through all that for nothin!

Life has been crazy as always. Addie is all over the place now! She rolls over anytime we lie her on the floor and she is almost to the sitting up point. Her personality has opened up a lot more and she is less shy and more friendly around those who aren't her mommy & daddy. We've started her on baby food and so far she has tried, bananas, sweet potatoes, pears, carrots & peas. She loves them all! She is not a fan of the oatmeal cereal because she cries every time I give it to her. So we are sticking with Rice for now until this box runs out. She enjoys her food! Almost too much sometimes because she cries whenever I finish feeding her.

Nights have been another interesting thing...She still gets up in the middle of the night. Sometimes once, sometimes twice, and sometimes three times!!! So needless to say, mommy is exhausted! Especially since I am still nursing her, I am the one that has to get up. Plus, I think its only fair since Jared has to work in the morning. But I have been trying a couple different things in the last couple days. I have walked into her room to put the paci back in her mouth, but have not lifted her out of her crib. She has this Bible lullaby music she falls asleep to so I will turn it on and sometimes rub her cheek. When that still wasn't solving it all, I still kept her in her crib and let her cry it out till she falls asleep, hoping eventually she will learn. The only problem is, I am still kept awake because I hear her crying on the monitor. But I hope that will change soon. Other than that rough part, she has been a very happy baby lately. For a couple months she had this really severe stranger anxiety. Meaning, even people she sees often like Auny and Grandma & Grandpa, she would look at them and bust out crying. Until mommy or daddy came to the rescue. But it hasn't been that way lately, thank God! Because I feel so bad for people when they have to experience that. She has now just been smiling away at those who smile at her.

Last night Jared & I went out on our Valentines Day dinner and left Addie with Grandma & Grandpa. It was nice to get out! And this Italian place we went to in Salem was sooo amazing! I still have leftovers and can't wait to chow down on them.

We are moving to a bigger place in Concord at the end of this month! We are very excited to have a washer & dryer again and 3 bedrooms PLUS a tiny den. This place is completely remodled and has soo much storage. We get a nice big attic, and it is right in the heart of downtown, which means it takes about 20min off of our travel time to anywhere. I dread the moving day and setting everything up again, but we have been looking for a place like this since she was born with a really really decent rent cost. It's amazing how much room a little baby takes up with all her stuff! Anyway, so we will have an extra room for any guests that would like to come visit ;-)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

No comments: