Adeline has had a better couple nights with sleeping. Not to perfection yet but we are hoping it won't be long. She seems to get her night time tired around 9:30/10:00 so that is when we have been putting her to bed. She woke up the last 2 nights, only briefly, so all I had to do was give her her pacifier and let her cry out a little bit. She didn't cry for long which was good, and finally fell asleep again. But her morning feedings seem to be at about 5:45 or 6:00 in the morning. Which I will take her and feed her and then she will fall right back asleep for a few more hours. So it has been a little better these last couple nights.
A few weeks ago a woman came to our church to talk about her job at the Crisis Pregnancy Center here in Concord. When I was listening to her talk, I felt this urge upon my heart to help out and volunteer on a regular basis. I have a heart for hurting women and young girls in ministry, and for the longest time I wanted to help out there, but of course I had been working full time and they are closed most evenings. So I talked to the woman who spoke and she seemed very excited about my offer to volunteer. The only problem is right now, is that I am without a car. Jared's car needs something big and expensive to be done to it so he can safely drive it again, so he has been taking out the Forrester to work everyday, leaving me with no vehicle. So I am a little stuck at this time. Anyway, once we move we are going to have to try and save up the money to get his car fixed, that way I can have a car during the days and I can go do the things I want to do. The lady I talked to said that it would be fine if I came with my baby to help out. I would basically be shadowing other workers/drs looking at ultra sounds, attending parenting classes as well as shadowing counseling. My heart is all there, I just pray for God's provision to allow me to do this with having a way to get there and keeping time slots opened. I am home all day anyway, so I don't think I will be having trouble finding the time. These young girls are going through some really difficult times, and I am sure have a lot of hurts and doubts. But I want to be able to help be a light and influence in their lives. This could also bring preparation for my furture ministries to women.
No comments:
Post a Comment