We just found out that we are able to go to West Virginia to visit the family for Thanksgiving this year! Yes we are very excited because we weren't sure when we would be able to visit again. Jared's boss let him have the whole week off and we are driving down on the 22nd. Pray that Adeline will do well in the car during this long trip and that we will travel safely. I am a little nervous because there are times when if she has been in the car for too long she screams and cries. It has been awhile since that has happened, but I am still kinda anxious about it. Most of the time she sleeps whenever the car is moving. We will probably be making a lot of rest stops for feeding time.
Jared's family was very excited when we surprisingly told them we could come. And better yet, his sister Lydia can make a couple days there too, so I am sure his parents are thrilled that we could all be together this time. This side of the family hasn't met Addie yet...only his immediate, and when Hannah came to visit I unexpectedly went into labor and spent that week in the hospital, so now we are able to spend some real quality time with everyone.
Adeline is learning to hit her hanging toys from her bouncy seat. She is very amused at times. She is smiling a lot and she is starting to coo and talk. It is adorable!
Next week Addie gets some more shots. I am not to excited about it, I felt so bad last time. I understand that it is better to be safe with all those vaccinations, but I wish there wasn't so many of them. Why do these nasty sicknesses and virus' have to be in this world? I realized I am an OCD paranoid mom. I have always been that way with myself, but now with a child, there is more to think about. I made Jared come with me to get a flu shot. I would rather not have needles stick in my arms but I would rather have that than get the flu. When Addie was born we had the hand sanitizer out on our living room table all the time. It was just one of those things that I felt an urge to do. Ever since I was younger I did struggle with germ-aphobic-ness(I don't even think its a word..but whatever); Anyway, I carried the hand sanitizer with me everywhere, washed my hands constantly, opened public restroom doors with paper towels, and so on. I guess this is just a ridiculous side of me that not everyone knows. With a baby now, I want to protect her as much as possible. But I do know eventually she will have to get sick and learn to be immuned to things, but I just wish sickness was not in our world sometimes.
Anyway, so that is my little splurge of deep thoughts. I will update again soon!
1 comment:
I'm the SAME way Becky! :) I made everyone sanitize their hands all the time when Lily was first born. And now I'm very cautious when we're out in public still. I use a shopping cart cover all the time and even for highchairs when we're in restaurants. It's okay - better safe than sorry. :)
Post a Comment