So we got this Bible lullaby songs from my sister-in-law for Adeline's dedication, and I realized that it is the new medicine to get her to fall asleep. It plays Amazing Grace and This Little Light of Mine and stuff like that with an ocean noise background. She has this tendency to fall asleep during music. When I take her to worship practice on Sunday mornings she sleeps through the whole thing. I am a little surprised because it can be kinda loud in out echoey church, but she seems to take it all in. Sometimes in her swing I will play some Hillsong/Passion music and she is out like a light! I am a little sick of this lullaby cd since I have been playing it like everyday and night for the last 2 weeks, but I guess those are some of the adjustments you get as a parent to a baby, and it works wonders when she is ready for bed!
We haven't made a whole lotta accomplishment on putting her to bed at a regular earlier time yet. She still can't seem to be out for the night unless its between 11:30pm-1:30am. And her hours seems to be the same. 5-6 hours a night...There was one night where she slept almost 8 hours and that was great! But it doesn't happen very often. Any other mom's out there with advice to get her to sleep longer let me know :-)
This weekend we have a halloween party on Friday that my cousin is putting on. Kids & adults can dress up, but I haven't really decided if I wanted to yet. My cousin and I wanted to be Disney Princesses for the kids to enjoy, but costumes can be so expensive! Well, for at least the less cheesy looking ones. We will see how it all goes.
Have a Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment