Wednesday, January 23, 2008

From Becky

I went to the Dr.'s for my prenatal appointment on Thurs. The nurse wasn't correct, she said that I will be able to hear the heartbeat next time I go, but it turns out my midwife said that it was too early. The earliest you should be able to hear it is at 10 weeks, if that, with a doppler at least. So I was a little disappointed, but I have another appointment on Feb. 12, so it should work then.

I have already gained weight. I am shocked! But the Dr. said that some people gain more weight at first and then it eventually slows down and kinda evens out as the baby gets bigger. I am needing to buy some new pants because what I am wearing now is a little on the uncomfortable side.

Anyway, not much has changed besides the fact that I am not as often nauseas as I was last week and the week before. I feel it off and on but not constantly like last week, thank God! Although, that could change. My Dr. said, "don't be surprised if you throw up sometime.." Oh the joys of being pregnant! Plus, I have been really exhausted during the day and that can be a challenge at work.

I will continue to keep up to date if anything more interesting happens. Continue to pray for me and that everything will be fine. To be honest, I am a nervous wreck! This is such an exciting time for us, but at the same time, with the way my mind works, I get pretty anxious. So pray for that as well. Pray that they baby will be healthy and safe as each day goes by.

No comments: