Thursday, September 16, 2010

"These are a Few of my Favorite Things "



SO my little girls have developed a liking to a few things. And yes, even my five month old. Due to this, I've been really bad at blogging, because at night I am too tired, and in the morning I have two early birds who want my attention, whether its being held or watching Sesame or Dora with. If I am not glued to the tv during Addie's shows, she is making sure I am! Yes, Addie has developed this special love for Dora the Explorer "Dia Dia" and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She will always have Sesame St and Elmo in her heart, but she LOVES Dora and Minnie. My mother bought her a cute pair of Dora pjs and a little Dora princess doll which she loves. I was feeling a little under the weather last week and she sat and watched Dora on netflix like all day. Maybe I'm a bad mother for doing that, but I seriously wanted to collapse every time I got up. She did not get bored! It started a couple weeks ago when she developed a random fever. I swear, this is the third time it happened right after her vaccinations. But I guess that could be coincidental too... Anyway, she sat down and watched a few episodes and talked with it and LOVED it. So that is when we discovered her liking to it. She had never been interested in it before. So Dora it is!

Ruby has been enjoying her time in the exersaucer lately.

She LOVES the little flip book on it and if I throw a couple extra toys on it. I am glad I registered for the really girly one when Addie was born because it just fits perfectly in our girly house...Although, the one I have has actually been recalled because of one little piece. I have the "tea party" exersaucer http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10057.html and the little cake on it had it candle piece recalled. Thankfully if I need to I can just take it off, but so far it seems impossible for a baby to pull off. No reported injuries which is good. Ruby also enjoys staring at the tv with the shows Addie watches, especially Sesame St. There must be something about those muppets. She loves her bumbo seat, even though it takes some work to get her out with those chubby legs of hers. But I think she will be sitting up before too long.

Nights are still once or twice waking up. So I have been pretty exhausted because of that. I am hoping she will soon sleep through on a regular basis. She loves her hand made blanket that was knitted by her auntie when Addie was born, and also her little teddy bear lovey. If these things are up to her face she is able to fall asleep better. I love this age because she is smiling and laughing most of the day and learning to play with little toys. The only thing is that she is still a complete Mommy's girl. If I am out of her scent or sight she KNOWS it, and doesn't particularly like it. I think she will outgrow it soon enough though.

I love my girls!

No comments: