Before I start this post, just want to say that it isn't any devotion or Biblical interpretation, its just me and my thoughts on gifts (materials/things).
I love to give gifts to people. I truly find it satisfying and rewarding. Not because I want to look like a good person, but because I just plain enjoy making others smile.
Like I titled this, "from an honest woman", I am going to be humble and honest in this post because I feel that it is okay to share my heart sometimes.
This has been a struggle for awhile now, in the fact that what I like to do, lately has not been able to be done. We are in a real big struggle lately with our financial needs, and sometimes it feels unending. I have received gifts from others, I am talking material things, and I that is truly a blessing, because I would be lying if I said I don't enjoy receiving these things. And I know that there are those out there who are definitely on the high rank of spiritual gifts as being "giving". They love to give, they love to see others smile, just like me. Although "compassion" is probably my highest rank on the scale, but that is not what we are talking about now.
Giving is defined as : "generally, the act of giving; Generosity"
and
"to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation; bestow: to give a birthday present to someone."
There are different ways to define that, and different ways of using that word. But I am not going to go into an English Composition study, so I will just stick to my thoughts.
Where I sometimes fall short is blaming myself in being a horrible person or a bad friend if a person does not receive something from me. This I know is just my insecurity, when I should really be focused on just "being" there and "being" a shoulder to cry on and a friend in need, to laugh with. Sometimes its hard to show my care or love for someone, so I feel as if I buy them something small or send them a card in the mail it will show them my appreciation. But I forget that sometimes a person just needs to an ear to listen to them.
If I won a million dollars I would probably spend it on giving to others and helping others. And the rest would go to bills and my children's future..college, weddings, so on. I never really sat down for awhile and thought about that question.
I just wish I was able to give more to the ones I love. If I had such skills as sewing and knitting, and things like that, I would become quite domesticated and use my free time to make things for others. The only problem with that, is in order to actually get started you need the material for it. And I definitely don't own a sewing machine or knitting needles. I could also make some cute clothes for the girls :)
I want to be able to give more, but I also know that God knows my heart and if I ask He will bring creative ways for me to bless others just as they have blessed me and my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment