Little did I know that there was this huge storm coming upon us, I made my way out of the door thinking that it may pass because we have been tricked up here a lot lately with thinking that a storm is coming, but actually doesn't make it to us. Until tonight. I packed the three of us up in the car; that's right, 3. My husband was at an Elder's meeting and it was just me alone and the two girls. I left the house and we were on the road....RIGHT under this horrid storm cloud. Now keep in mind that Goffstown is pretty much mostly in the middle of no where. Residental, woodsy, and thats about it. The nightmare I experienced was the awful thunder, rain, lightning as I drove in the middle of basically the dark, lonely woods. I barely saw any cars pass by and it was so dark, yet the lightning lit up the dark sky as if it were in the middle of daylight...here in these dark, lonely woods. My heart raced and raced as I tried to drive along so slow. But at the same time it was scaring me so much I just wanted to be home.
With my two precious babies in the back seat, all I could think about was them and their safety and comfort as the thunder roared loudly. But when I peeked in the rear view mirror at them, they were sound asleep during this monstrous storm. This experience reminded me of these verses in the Bible:
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Psalm 46:1-3
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46: 10
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Psalm 46:1-3
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46: 10
These verses were spoken to me by God as I drove tonight. As I remembered them, I had no fear and knew that both my babies and I were safe and that we were surrounded by God and His angels. Which brings me to one of my favorite Psalms ever written:
He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
Psalm 91:4-5
For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Psalm 91: 11-12

His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
Psalm 91:4-5
For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Psalm 91: 11-12
So all this to say; it was a frightful experience, but God reminded me that He is THERE no matter what, no matter when. When immediate help is needed, He is our protector. Even when we walk or even DRIVE through storms.
My babies are safe in His hands. I can trust that each day.
My babies are safe in His hands. I can trust that each day.

No comments:
Post a Comment