Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

So what is with this nasty weather the whole month of June into July? I definitely hasn't gotten any better since my last depressing post about rain all week. I was looking at the weather for next week in Maine, and it looks like its going to be the same. How sad is that!? Rain, rain, please go away!

Last year when my family was up in Maine in July I went into labor. How crazy is it that I thought about going for the week since I was not working? The dr. said that they wouldn't be worried about me vacationing at 35 weeks, but when I reached 36 they would rather me stay around. I was 35 weeks that week. Here is a picture of me Wednesday night (35 wks), I went into labor the next night:
Yup, I was huge!
So at about 3 am Thursday night/fri morning my water started breaking. Went into the hospital, and called my parents in Bar Harbor about 4 am. Not sure if my mom and sister were able to go back to sleep that morning, but they prepared to leave their vacation early to make sure they were there as I was having the baby...5 1/2 hours away! The rest of the story I will probably share on Addie's birthday post. But lets just say, thank God I decided not to go on the trip that week. Or else I would have had the baby totally unprepared in a hospital called Mount Dessert Island Hospital, or something like that. A place where I knew nothing about the Drs and they all knew nothing about me. So praise God for that!

I have been taking more time to write in this as my daughter sleeps. She has been so much fun lately! So interactive and talkative. She babbles some of the cutest little things, and usually with her toungue sticking out. She sounds like she is praying in toungues or something! It is quite funny. I think she might be walking soon enough. Growing so fast! And will be 11 months in two days! She is still at 2 naps a day and early bed time. Which means, she is up early every morning. At least 7 am! She will often get up before that and then go back to sleep.

My sister finds out what she is having on the 8th. I am excited for her! Her little belly is adorable. I love seeing pregnant girl's bellies grow. Its such a cute and special thing!

I just really hope this rain goes away and summer finally peaks through. I will be bringing books to read next week in case we are stuck inside. But I will make sure I get my trail/bike ride in, even if its cloudy!

No comments: