Last night I had a screaming baby. She acted as if she was in pain...although I haven't been able to see or feel teeth yet, I was convinced that must have been it. She had no fever, no bumps or bruises, no tummy issues, it was just a two hour screaming session before bed. The last couple days she had been a little fussy, and woke up the night before last screaming. I felt so bad to see her so unhappy. During the days she seems in a much better mood. But when night rolls in, she is an unhappy baby. As a parent, it is seriously hard to even think straight when your child is that upset. I gave her tylenol around 7, yet her screaming started around 8:30. Does infant tylenol really work? I would hope so. But sometimes it seems like its not enough. She doesn't seem to like the frozen teething toys. She cries when I give them to her because I think the hard, coldness hurts even more. I thought it could be her ears or her throat hurting..(she has been pretty snotty in the last couple days)..but once again, no fever, and usually that is the sign of an infection. I just hope these next couple nights are more on the positive side. If not, I am thinking of calling the pedi. I guess we'll see!
So yesterday I met a friend at the Olive Garden. My favorite little lunch spot. I ended up going pretty unprepared. I have everything for Addie. A bottle, change of clothes, wipes, toys, blankets, yet I forgot the most important thing...DIAPERS! I always seem to have a bunch in the diaper bag anyway, so I guess I assumed I did not have to check or something. But she ended up needing a dirty diaper change, and I had NADA! My brain is still in pregnancy mode it seems. But isn't pregnancy an excuse for everything? From what I remember, "yes". So that was interesting. I had to rush home and get her changed. But other than that, it was a fun time chatting for a bit. We need to get our babes together. She had a baby boy in October. We say they will be b/f and g/f. She was taking a work lunchbreak, so she didn't have her little boy with her. But one of these days we are planning to have a little play date for the two.
Anyway, off to Saturday cleaning!
1 comment:
If she's been snotty it could still be an ear infection even though she doesn't have a temp. Babies don't always have a temp with those. Lily had an ear infection twice when she was a baby and she was just really fussy/irritable - never had a temp with it. There was another time though that Lily just WAILED before bed one night and I had no clue what was wrong with her. Finally got her settled down but she was fine the next day. If it persists you might want to have her ears checked.
Post a Comment